How it all began . . .

The idea of adopting a child has long been a spiritual calling for us. We always knew in our hearts that when the time was right we would begin our adoption journey. Never could we imagine that it would be this miraculous.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finding Strength. . .

This week has been an incredibly hard week for us. Although our focus has never waivered, our endurance has definately been weakened.
In addition to our fading patience, financial worries, heavy hearts regarding what lies ahead for the children of Guatemala and many other things, our dear friends (adopting a beautiful baby girl) were given some very disappointing news. They are facing a potential long wait in getting a signature on one of the documents. This is a major blow and one that we feel so heavy hearted about. We ask that you join us in our prayers to ease their sadness and help them keep sight on the fact that their "little girl" will come home as soon as God deems it the right time.

As of today, we have not yet re-entered PGN. We are trying hard not to focus on "where we are not" but rather focus on "where we have been". We have come so far in this process. We have already conquered major milestones and are nearing the end of this very difficult road.

I want to give attention to some of the most amazing things I am experiencing through all of this:

For every ten people that listen to our story and say "Hey great - good luck", one person says nothing and ponders our efforts in their own quiet moment and gently whispers "Your making a difference, and that matters" in ways that are simply breathtaking. ---It is this very thing that gives us strength.

Just when we think that we have not one ounce of energy to go on, there is some blessing that sweeps us off our feet and gives us a rest while you prepare for the next hurdle. ---For all of you that have delivered these blessings, Thank You.

When the morning comes and I can barely drag myself out and face another day of this fight to bring Anthony home, I hear the pitter patter of my daughters footsteps coming up the stairs.--- and I am reminded of why I am doing this.

Today I have been showered with very unexpected love and support from some of my newest friends. My day began with a "thinking of you" card, a beautiful book of encouragement, a bouquet of pink roses, a guardian angel pin of hope, and a magnet/plaque that states my new mantra (I have written it below). ---Thank you for getting to know me well enough to see that I needed your love and support, going out of your way to send it to me, and for encouraging me without asking any questions. It is my honor to call you my friends. xo

Remember What Is Most Important . . .
It's not having everything go right;
it's facing whatever goes wrong.
It's not being without fear;
It's having the determination
to go on in spite of it.
Remember that every day ends
and brings a new tomorrow
full of exciting new things.
Love what you do,
do the best you can,
and always remember
how much you are loved.

7 comments:

veggiemom said...

These are such tough times.
Thinking of you.
Kerri and Ruby

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy...

Your post just brought tears to my eyes!!! Thank you for the prayer petition on our behalf! You KNOW we are praying for YOU each and every day, if not every MINUTE of every day!!! And you know, I still can't help but wonder if this is all just a blessing in disguise...this bump in the road is what will truly make it possible for us to travel and pick up our babies TOGETHER!!!! Wouldn't it be amazing to re-enter PGN on the same day (not that I want YOU to wait 2 months for your fix, but rather that G and I will wait LESS than 2 months:) )?!

Oh, and talk about blessings...the thought of meeting you Saturday has been a blessing throughout this entire week!!!

Thank you for being my friend and for being there this week as we experienced the hardest part of this journey that we have yet encountered (praying it's the lowest we hit and that it's all uphill from here:) )!!! You are a blessing and an inspiration and it is an honor for me to call you my friend!!!

God Bless,
-M

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

I hope you get in and out of PGN real quick!

Good luck,
margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

J&T
be prepared is all I can say.
My agency called me 1 yr ago and left a message at 2:30p that I needed to be at the embassy at 9 am two days later. USAir out of PVD got me there by noon the next day at a reasonable cost. Flew coach and upgraded in Charlotte on there GoFirst deal to GC. Flew 1st home well worth the extra with the babe

A client of yours

The D'Amico Gang said...

Dear "Client of Ours"

What a great suprise to see your post! We are so grateful that you took the time to read about Anthony's journey home to us. We are so curious as to your identity!? I always feel so connected to other APs that have formed their family through adoption. May I be so bold as to ask you to email me? I have wracked my brain over and over again trying to figure out who you might be? My email address is delicia1801@msn.com
Thanks for the insight. I truly value the experience of those that have pioneered through this journey before us. Please continue to stay tuned and post - I encourage and greatly welcome feedback and advice!
-Tammy and John

Anonymous said...

Tammy and John,
I have this hanging on my fridge and look at it every day. I thought of you today when I read it--here goes:
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to apprecialte all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final goodbye.....

Enough said...I love you, Susie

nora said...

Tammy,

So sorry you guys are not back in PGN, but I think your thought process is in the right place. Wish PGN's was, right?

nora