How it all began . . .

The idea of adopting a child has long been a spiritual calling for us. We always knew in our hearts that when the time was right we would begin our adoption journey. Never could we imagine that it would be this miraculous.

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Cookbooks Are Done!!!

The Cookbooks are done! They came out beautiful (if I do say so myself)! We are getting wonderful feedback on them and we are so thankful for every ones support. We are still striving to sell as many as we can. To date, we have sold 150 so we are already half way to our goal!

Of course, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't mention my sister Sandy, who spent days on end - typing, editing, printing, sorting, etc. Once again, my sister silently stood by my side with her eye on the goal, picking me up and encouraging me with every fumble. She has blessed my life with her ability to feed me strength in my moments of weakness.

I called PGN last week and was told that we were with the 2nd reviewer. What does this mean? It means that we have cleared through the 1st reviewer and are waiting and hoping to make it through to the 3rd and final reviewer without any knock outs. Please!!!! Pray that we do not get another knock out. I know my limits of pain and disappointment - and another knock out would just plunge me over the edge of that limit.

I am starting to realize just how much this wait is effecting the girls. Over the last few days, Courtney has been telling me that she has dreams about holding Anthony and playing with him and that she "sleeps so good and doesn't want to wake up" when she is having these dreams. She has broken down crying when she sees baby Christmas outfits in the store and sobbed the other day at the Dixie Chics song "Godspeed". She said that the line "My love will fly, to you each night, on angels wings - Godspeed little man"makes her really sad. So, the CD has been put away. Delicia and I were talking about the fact that Anthony might not be home for Christmas. She believes that maybe this is because God is answering the prayers of his Foster Mother. That she is probably praying to have him for one Christmas and then he will be with us for all the other Christmases in his life. Meghan has asked me twice - "how many more cakes do you think that we will have before Anthony comes home?" (we have a cake on his monthly birthday)

Well, my birthday is Wednesday November 14th. Anyone want to guess what my one birthday wish is?

No comments: